Lobster salad with watercress dressing
(based on the recipe from Nobu's Nobu West cookbook)
1 large bunch watercress, rinsed and cleaned
1 yellow pepper
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
1. Cook lobster by boiling or steaming until fully cooked. Drain and let cool.
2. When cool, remove lobster meat and dice into large chunks. Set aside.
3. Thinly slice yellow pepper into matchsticks. Put in bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil. Set aside.
4. Roughly chop one bunch of watercress leaves, place in bowl and drizzle with a little watercress dressing. Set aside.
5. On serving plate, place a mound of watercress to one side.
6. On other side, spoon several tablespoons watercress dressing.
7. Arrange lobster meat on top of the dressing.
8. Arrange yellow pepper on top of the watercress.
9. Drizzle entire plate with additional watercress dressing.
10. Sprinkle plate with black sesame seeds for decoration and serve.
1 bunch watercress, rinsed and cleaned
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 tablespoon Mirin
salt and pepper
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Fill a bowl with cold water and add several ice cubes.
3. Blanch watercress in boiling water for 30 seconds.
4. Immediately drain, rinse in colander with cold water and plunge into ice water.
5. When fully cooled, remove watercress, squeeze out water, and wrap in a piece of cheesecloth to fully squeeze out all water.
6. Place watercress in a blender with the vinegar and mirin, pulse a few times until finely chopped.
7. With blender running, slowly drizzle grapeseed oil until you reach the consistency of a think dressing. Strain and reserve.
8. Add salt and pepper, set aside for salad.